Sunday, September 14, 2008

scam - cash back card

CASH back cards - I don't know of all the offers but I know the standard chartered one is a scam. they charged me 3000 for it, I took it as I knew I had some high value transactions coming up. but then I came to know - after using it for 2 months that the max cash back is 500 at 1% for regular transactions 2.5% for petrol and 5% for telecom but BSNL charges 2% for credit card payments and the standard chartered site does not have anything like Citibank for free bill pay.
 
The total cash back is Rs 500/- per month - that means in a year max 3,000 , you charged 3,000 and its hard to spend enough to get the cash back every month;  this is a standard chartered scam.
 
I'm going to cancel my card in a few days and stick to my citi bank at least they tell you all the charges upfront and there is no charge if u pay within the bill period - nothing yearly or recurring.
 

No comments: